Due to Covid-19 the AGM which took place on Tuesday 7 July 2020 at 7:30pm was like no other before it. The legal deadline timescales for AGMs to take place had not been relaxed by The Charity Commission so an innovative solution was found.
In keeping with the ‘Be Prepared’ motto of the movement the AGM took place using on-line ‘Zoom’ platform technology. Over 60 members of The District plus our guests Graham Brant and Neil Salter, respectively the County Commissioner and Chairman. Many thanks to all those who wore uniform or Neckers to give the gathering a sense of occasion.
We were especially pleased to announce the winners of The Dixie Duggan Award for achievement, this year going to the Cast/Crew and all involved in the very successful District Gang Show, BRAVO! This topped with their award of the coveted ‘Red Necker’ was the icing on the cake. The only downside was that we did not have a chance to ‘mingle’ at the post meeting buffet, but hopefully ‘next year’.
Documents or reports for the meeting are listed and linked below (click on document name).
- 2020 Agenda for A.G.M.
- 2020 Zoom A.G.M Draft Minutes (For approval at the 2021 AGM)
- Minutes of the 2018-19 AGM (These were approved – 52 in favour, 4 abstentions, some attendees chose not to vote).
- Report on the year 2019-2020 by The District Team
- 2020 Trustees Annual Report **
- 2019-2020 Bristol South Scout District Accounts **
** These two elements are combined to form the annual report to The Charity Commission which was submitted on 8th July 2020 along with the Scout County Office.
A question was raised during the meeting regarding the ‘approval of the accounts by the meeting’. These were approved prior to the meeting on 19th May 2020 in accordance with Scout Association Rule 4:25 f ii 15
- The Executive Committee must also:
- Appoint Administrators, Advisers, and Co-opted members of the Executive Committee.
- Approve the Annual Report and Annual Accounts after their examination by an appropriate auditor, independent examiner or scrutineer.
- Present the Annual Report and Annual Accounts to the Scout Council at the Annual General Meeting; file a copy with the County Executive Committee; and if a registered charity, to submit them to the appropriate charity regulator.
If there are any others questions or queries about the meeting please send these by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our thanks for your understanding in this change of format and hoping we can return to active meetings of the sections and leaders etc in the fullness of time.
#Stay Safe #TheGreatINdoors
on behalf of The Board Of Trustees – Bristol South Scouts